THE RAMBAM'S GUIDE TO THE MISHNAH AND TALMUD
- Judaica Press
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $21.21 Our Price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
A fundamental guide for any Gemara student
Over 800 years ago, the Rambam composed his Commentary on the Mishnah with an introduction that served as a guide to the Mishnah and Talmud. It dealt with many fundamental questions, such as:
- How did Torah Sheb’al Peh (the Oral Torah) get from Moshe Rabbeinu to us?
- What’s the reason for the order of topics in the Mishnah?
- Why does the Mishnah record opinions that aren’t accepted?
- Which Sages are mentioned in the Mishnah, and what are their relationships with each other?
- What rights and limits did the Sages have in adding decrees to the Torah’s laws?
- How do we understand the narratives of the Aggadata?
This edition features:
- A revised, free-flowing English rendition based on Rav Ezra Korach’s new Hebrew translation of the Rambam’s Judeo-Arabic
- The Hebrew and English translations on facing pages
- Notes with additional insights into the Rambam’s words
- A comprehensive index